Visions of Yeshua revealed in His eternal state. Let us look upon Him and live!
Print the PDF
We most often picture Yeshua as He walked on the earth in human form as recorded in the historical narratives of the Gospels of the New Testament, because His glory was revealed to us in this way (John 1:14). But, how does He appear now as He intercedes for us? Although His splendor is beyond description, the Scripture gives us a glimpse into His eternal majesty!
- Yeshua prayed, “Father, I desire that those You have given Me would be with Me where I am, so they may behold My glory You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.” (John 17:24)
- “But we all with unveiled faces, looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory just as from the Lord, the Spirit.” (2 Corinthians 3:18)
I have color-coded and merged the five visions of Yeshua in the Bible, so we can see that Daniel and Ezekiel (about 605-530 BC) from the Old Testament and John (about 20-90 AD) from the New Testament saw the same glorious reality – The Son of God revealed!
In lavender type – The vision given to John in Revelation 1:12-16
John saw Him in the middle of the seven golden lampstands in heaven.
In crimson type – The vision given to John in Revelation 19:12-16
John saw Him on a white horse, judging and waging war in righteousness as the heaven was opened for him to see Him in His glory.
In orange type – The vision given to Daniel in Daniel 7:9-10
Daniel saw Him in the night visions. Thrones were set up, and the Ancient of Days took His seat.
In blue type – The vision given to Daniel in Daniel 10:2-6
Daniel saw Him on the 24th day of the first month while he was by the bank of the river Tigris. He had been mourning and fasting for three weeks. He lifted his eyes and saw “a certain man.”
In green type – The vision given to Ezekiel in Ezekiel 1:26-27
Ezekiel saw Him by the river Chebar while among the exiles and after a long vision of many things. Above the expanse was something like a throne of lapis lazuli with a man high up on it.
John, Daniel, and Ezekiel collectively saw:
- One like a son of man. His name is called The Word of God.
- Clothed in a robe reaching to the feet.
He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood. And on His robe and on His thigh, He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
His vesture was like white snow. Dressed in linen.
- Girded across His chest with a golden sash. His waist was girded with a belt of pure gold of Uphaz.
- His head and hair were white like white wool, like snow. On His head are many diadems. The hair of His head like pure wool.
- He has a name written [engraved, descriptive] on Him which no one knows except Himself.
- His eyes were like a flame of fire. His eyes are a flame of fire. His eyes were like flaming torches.
- His body was like beryl [the Hebrew tarshish, meaning precious stone, mostly likely yellow jasper). From His loins and upward something like glowing metal that looked like fire all around within it, and from His loins and downward I saw something like fire; and there was a radiance around Him.
- His feet were like burnished bronze when it has been made to glow in a furnace. His arms and feet like the gleam of polished bronze. In His right hand He held seven stars.
- His voice was like the sound of many waters. The sound of his words like the sound of a roaring.
- Out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword. From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.
- His face was like the sun shining in its strength. His face had the appearance of lightning.
- The armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses.
- His throne was ablaze with flames, its wheels were burning fire. A river of fire was flowing and coming out from before Him. Thousands upon thousands were attending Him, and myriads upon myriads were standing before Him; The court sat, and the books were opened.
Immortal, Invisible – a hymn by Walter C. Smith, 1867
Immortal, invisible, God only wise,
in light inaccessible hid from our eyes,
most blessed, most glorious, the Ancient of Days,
Almighty, Victorious, Thy great Name we praise!
Unresting, unhasting, and silent as light,
nor wanting, nor wasting, Thou rulest in might;
Thy justice like mountains high soaring above
Thy clouds which are fountains of goodness and love.
To all life Thou givest, to both great and small;
in all lifeThou livest the true life of all;
we blossom and flourish as leaves on the tree,
and wither and perish but naught changeth Thee.
Great Father of glory, pure Father of light,
Thine angels adore thee, all veiling their sight;
all praise we would render, O help us to see
’tis only the splendor of light hideth Thee.
 Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread occurred during the first three weeks of the new year in the month Nisan. Daniel used God’s Appointed Days to humble himself before the Lord in the land of exile.
 The original Greek word for dipped is bapto meaning whelm, immerse, cover fully. Yeshua’s robe described in Revelation 19 is totally red. It is significant that it is red as He wars against His enemy, because His sacrifice sealed our victory over sin and deliverance from the enemy. All authority has been given to Yeshua. (Matthew 28:18)
 Someday we will see something about our Lover and Bridegroom that we have never known or been able to know – a description so wonderful that it is already etched, perhaps on His crown. This Name describes Him. He acts out of this Name toward us, but we are currently unaware of this characteristic. We have called Yeshua by many names, but not this one for we do not know it. It is like all the colors we will see in heaven that we have never seen before! Our King holds more splendor that we can behold… until then when we see Him face to face!
 He is the Lion of Judah!
Shale Fragments™ - devotionals by Beth Ann Phifer is a division of Flower Girl Greetings, LLC. ©2020, All Rights Reserved.
Blessings and love in Him,
Oh this is so beautiful you have no idea how much this encouraged me!
I was driving earlier this morning and just feeling overwhelmed by so much loss and sorrow in the past few seasons, and totally unbidden, I found a song pouring out of my heart, totally from the Holy Spirit, just singing to Jesus and thanking him that in all of the grief and the sorrow and loss and change and loneliness that he is absolutely unchanging and I can't wait to see him! And he is powerful and he sees and hears!
So I just now read this from you, and it's so beautifully confirms and expresses! I love Yeshua as the son of man, and the son of David and My Kinsman according to the flesh, but today I really needed to see him as the king of kings and Lord of lords in all of his majesty and eternal glory! I needed to see him as the unchanging constant in my life and the world! Thank you for opening up his word to do that for me!
Welcome to Shale Fragments, a collection of writings and art for individual and group use!
Teaching God’s truth and the beauty of His Word is my greatest delight! My art card company, Flower Girl Greetings, was launched in 2012 with this purpose. In April 2020, ShaleFragments.com became the gathering place for the writings.
As I have studied the rich meanings of the original Greek and Hebrew languages of the Bible, I continue to see beautiful progressions and connections that compel me to organize and convey their life-changing beauty!
Please click on each category to access a list of contents or scroll through the posts. To receive Shale Fragments updates, please subscribe here.